This is a step-by-step guide to make an anonymous pledge on my Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign.
You don’t have to register on Indiegogo to support my campaign, and payments are by PayPal.
How to use this guide
If you have a big enough screen, open a second browser window so that you can display this guide in one window and go to Indiegogo in another. If not, print this page to refer to.
- Go to my campaign page
- Pledge: enter your pledge and select a perk
- Check your pledge
- Authorise the payment on PayPal
- Have my sincere thanks!
Pledges and perks
A pledge is an amount of money that a backer commits to pay the campaign. The money is only taken if the total pledges reaches or exceeds the campaign goal by the end of the campaign.
A perk is something tangible on offer to backers of a campaign. Think of it as a pre-order. There is a minimum pledge amount for each perk (to cover costs). However, you are free to pledge a higher amount for a given perk.
You can pledge money without selecting a perk if you just want to support the campaign.
1. Go to my campaign page
> fingers & tongues (opens in a new tab or window)
2. Contribute now
Click the big pink Contribute now button which is on the right-hand side of the campaign page to start the process.
3. Enter the pledge amount & choose a perk
- Type the amount (Indiegogo defaults to £100!).
- Click the perk you want (you can only choose one).
- Check the checkbox under the entered amount if you want don’t want your name to be displayed as a contributor (only I will know who you are).
- Click Continue.
3. Review your pledge
- Make sure you’re happy with the pledge amount and how your name as a contributor will be displayed.
- Enter your e-mail address.
- Uncheck the checkbox under the e-mail field if you don’t want to receive the Indiegogo newsletter.
- Click Continue to PayPal.
You will be directed to PayPal to confirm the payment.
4. Success – please share my campaign!
You should see the screen below if your pledge was successful. Contact me if you have any problems.
That’s it! Contact me if anything is unclear or if you have any problems.
Thank you very much for your interest in my project and for your support.